This week on The Daily Muse I whipped up a comforting baked pasta dish, using only ingredients I had in the freezer and pantry already. The result was a creamy mexican pasta dish that is seriously yummy and so simple to make… easy enough for a weeknight dinner, but it would be fantastic for a party as well!
You can find the recipe here!
I’ve made a version of these before, but these are my new and improved recipe, with step-by-step photograph instructions. Slightly fiddly, since they have quite a few ingredients and steps, but well worth your while, I pinky swear!
Hop on over to The Daily Muse to check them out!
This has to be one of D & my all time favorite meals – and the arugula salad is the perfect accompaniment. It’s also delicious cold the next day for lunch.
1 lb chicken breast
2 cups greek yogurt
2-3 cups panko bread crumbs
½ cup grated pecorino
1 tablespoon oregano
salt & pepper (1 tsp of each)
olive oil or canola spray
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut chicken breast into strips, so that all pieces are approximately the same size and marinate in a bowl with greek yogurt. You can do this the night before, but at least try and marinate for 30 minutes – it will help your chicken stay moist.
3. Combine bread crumbs, pecorino, oregano, s&p in a bowl off to the side.
4. Take a couple of chicken strips, flick off the excess greek yogurt, and submerge in the panko mixture, pressing down to ensure the panko sticks evenly.
5. Place the breaded chicken strip on a baking sheet.
6. Continue breading the chicken until you have finished every piece.
7. Spray the chicken with the olive oil spray and cook in oven for 30- 40 minutes or until your chicken is cooked through.
8. Serve with a simple arugula salad.
Note: Now when I make these I take a jelly roll pan, put a cookie cooling rack inside and place the chicken pieces on top. This helps get the chicken extra crispy!